Sunday, July 31, 2011

Child Ghost

As most of you know I have taken on a new position as a Principal of a rather new school. The land was an old farm and a worker was killed on the premises while the school was being built. This being said, never has there been mention of a child dying near or on the land. But it's a school, right?

Well, I was in a meeting with my leadership team last week. We were very engaged hammering out work that was due. All of a sudden, my chair started vibrating and we ALL heard a little child laughing. It was rather unnerving - even for a big bad ghost hunter. It was like the sounds in the movie Poltergeist - kind of in between two dimensions. A colleague mentioned it sounded like Chuckie running through the room laughing. One of them suggested it was a mouse so we got up and looked. Now, I knew it wasn't a mouse for two reasons. One, I felt it there before it all started, and two, do you know how big that mouse had to be to make my chair vibrate like that? Just saying.

So we knew we wouldn't be able to solve it so back to work we went. Not even 5 minutes passed and it happened again. Talk about distracting! We sat and talked about that for a couple of minutes before being able to get back to work. We never really focused after that. Two of them pulled out their ghost detectors on the iPads and phones and I was constantly trying to hone in on what had just happened.

As much as I try to separate work from "my work," it just seems to keep meshing together all the time. Eventually I am just going to have to admit this is who I am and this is what happens to me. So when can I put on my professional resume...Doctor of Education....sees and talks to ghosts. Oh what a day that will be! Until then, I guess I'll just deal with it and post about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment